Monday, October 5, 2009

One Drawer Organizer




Hi Everyone
I found a gem online this weekend while I was cruising the net.
This is called a One Drawer Organizer. I am so all about this little project.
This tutorial can be found at Creations by AR. It is a paid tutorial. The cost of the tutorial was $4.95 USD.

The instructions were very informative and clear. Always a must in a paid tutorial.
What I think is super great about this is that it will hold A2 cards. In one of the photos I've included an A2 card on the top and in the drawer to give you the perspective.

What I also thought was wonderful was that my Island girl friends I see swapping images and goodies for RAKs and I thought you'd love this project to shake up your RAKS and send something new and different.

From a supply perceptive it didn't take a lot of supplies. It does require 5 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock and just 1 sheet of decorative paper. I also used a 1" circle punch for the drawer instead of adding a brad or ribbon for the drawer pull. For the feet I used some jumbo half pearls. You could use some half wood beads or really any type of bead that had a flat surface.

This did take me a bit of time to create the first time. I don't like printing patterns onto card stock which is how this tutorial is set up so I always print it out and them use a ruler to measure out the dimensions. So that took some time. Once I got everything cut out and scored it didn't take that much time at all. The second once I made (not pictured) didn't take nearly as long.

I really think you'll love this project. Give Adela a visit.

Thanks for your visit and Have fun with this project.
Hugs
Tammy

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Tammy! That is a great idea! Thanks for thinking of us Island Girls! Don't forget to let us know if you're ever out here visiting! TFS - I'm off to Adela's for some shopping! Aloha, Linda

Melissa Craig said...

This is a great blog Tammy! Wow, how fun is this and the layout of the blog is fantastic. Love it!!

I'll be sure to visit here often.

Melissa Craig said...

Oh and the project is very cool, too. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, these are so cute. You are so talented with your creations!